//some 3rd party need geo

Radeon 9800 Pro Problem

Press Man 21:58 28 Nov 04

Hi Guys,
This card had been working fine, until now. The monitor went into what, I assume to be standby. When I moved the mouse to "wake" it up nothing happened? Eventually turned of computer and re-started, but it did not boot up, all that happened was the CDRW & DVD lights flashed and the red LED on the front of the case stayed permantly aluminated. Put an old Radeon 7200 card in and everything now seems OK? Any ideas what may be the problem. (Win XP, AMD T/B 1.1)
Thanks in advance of your help.

TOPCAT® 22:45 28 Nov 04

This is from a review of the Radeon 9800 Pro:

"When tested outside the PC case, the sink reached 70-75 degrees C after a 10-hour operation in 3D! Imagine how hot the insides would be! That is why if your PC case doesn't have good ventilation, you can easily damage the card and some of the components inside the PC case!"

Another recommendation I've read says the PSU should be rated to at least 400watts for this card. TC.

Press Man 23:21 28 Nov 04

TOPCAT,
Got a 400W Zalman PSU & an Artic Cooler on the card. Had this setup for some weeks now? Maybe this has been a "progressive" failure due to temperature? Anyway of checking the card without sending it back to the manufacturer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…