Radeon 9800 pro failure?

Hrosir 08:40 04 Feb 05

I have an Athlon XP 2800 system with a Radeon 9800 PRO graphics card.Now, for some unknown reason when the pc boots,I get an error message on screen telling me that I have not connected the power extension cable to the card, this is not the case as I have echecked the connection and it appears to be fine. I tried using another power connector but with the same result
As if tis wasn't enough, I am getting a noise that sounds as though th hard drive is swithching on and off; I have already removed one drive after the sysstem informed me that the drive had failed. The graphics card is my prime concern at the moment, any ideas please?

Leslie-212488 10:09 04 Feb 05

is this a new build? or have you just fitted a new graphics card? if the latter, reconnect the old card and go from there. Also you can go into the BIOS and under "hardware monitor", you can see what voltages are coming from the PSU, icase there is a problem there.
always state your mobo spscs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…