Radeon 9200se 128mb

thicasabrick 09:41 22 Nov 04

Hi, just bought a second hand Asus Radeon 9200se 128mb graphic card for £20. Questions, was this a bargain,how much would it have cost when new, how good is it for playing games, It came with no drivers, what version is the latest driver for this card and were is the best place to download them from. Thanks in advance for any help.

BigMoFoT 09:47 22 Nov 04

You'll need to go to click here and obtain the latest drivers, you will need the catalyst drivers and the control panel...

To be honest it's a poor card, especially with being an SE edition, it has only half the pipes of a standard 9200, around 700 3D in 3D Mark 03 version so dont be expecting briliant results for HL2 and Doom...

thicasabrick 09:58 22 Nov 04

Thanks for the quick response Bigmofot, what are the catalyst drivers, and the control panel for.

BigMoFoT 10:05 22 Nov 04

The catalyst drivers are the 'drivers' that make the card work and give you the extra functionality for games such as opengl and direct3d...the control panel for the ATi cards basically give you access to information and features of the card within windows!!

BigMoFoT 10:08 22 Nov 04

When I said it is a poor card I meant for gaming - I wasn't referring to build quality or anything like that as ASUS are a top brand!!

For general everyday use its more than fine :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…