Race Driver 3

pb3kp 16:10 27 Feb 06

I recently bought Race Driver3. When I installed it and tried to run, my computer locked up. No matter how many times I tried. I got an expert who found that STARFORCE had installed some files that were affecting the graphics card. Even unstalling it did not remove these files. A file had to be D/L from the internet to remove them. Reference was also made that it could trash your burner as well. I assume this would happen if you tried to copy it.

B Smyth

pb3kp 18:44 27 Feb 06

I have contacted Codemasters and their reply was disable the sound card. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But they did reply quickly

B Smyth

Totally-braindead 19:18 27 Feb 06

If you have a look at this click here its from their Forums it does appear that there is some sort of problem with the game not being installed properly if certain sound cards are installed and for some at least disabling the sound card when installing appears to solve it.
I must say though regardless of whether this works or not I personally would not buy this game or not till they create a patch to solve it. Try it theres nothing to lose, if it still fails I'd try taking it back.

CurlyWhirly 12:04 28 Feb 06

I was hoping to get this game but now I'm not so sure.

I will wait for a patch to be released before going ahead with the purchase as I'm not sure of my Audigy 2 ZS soundcard is one of the soundcards that causes this problem.

Well perhaps I should have worded it better, I can't believe that a game gets released without making sure that it IS compatible with the most popular sound cards!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…