"No signal"

Jerusalem 1967 07:57 30 Jul 13

Shortly after start up my computer operating on Windows 7 crashes with the screen displaying NO SIGNAL. The only way out is to switch off the computer and then switch on again. This may happen again straight away or it may be ok for the rest of the day. Can anyone help please.

BRYNIT 08:17 30 Jul 13

The first thing I would check would be if its a desktop computer check the cable from computer to monitor has not come loose, remove and re-seat.

If the your computer has a dedicated graphics card you could try removing and re-seating it.

BT 08:17 30 Jul 13

Seems to me that you may have a bad connection to your monitor. Is it a desktop PC or a Laptop?

alanrwood 11:11 30 Jul 13

When you say the computer crashes do you mean that the computer itself actually crashes or just that the screen display disappears. If the computer continues to be active then it vis probably the cable or the Video Card seating. If the whole computer crashes then it could be very many other things.

wee eddie 14:06 30 Jul 13

My guess: It's summer and the PC is clogged with dust - Needs a good blow-out as it's overheating

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced