"My Postings" has vanished! PCA techies please comment?

Diemmess 10:04 11 Sep 11

Has My Postings gone for a while or forever?

I hope it is just in highway terms "closed for re-surfacing?" My Postings saves an immense amount of searching to follow up an interesting post

Much less important to me, but occasionally a very useful device now absent, is the Yellow Envelope. Am I the only one to mourn its passing?

ICF 10:08 11 Sep 11

Under your log in welcome (Welcome Diemmess ) is My posts

Diemmess 10:08 11 Sep 11

Numpty me Of course I couldn't access "my posts" because while trying to send the opening post I was prompted to sign in again. (One of those periodic checks on passwords)

So the first post was pointless except to ask about the fate of the yellow envelope...?

ICF 10:10 11 Sep 11

We all have those numpty moments me more than most :-(

Nontek 10:24 11 Sep 11

I did read on another Post that the Yellow Envelope has been replaced by the Grey Envelope alongside Posters names - but it don't work!!

octal 10:37 11 Sep 11

Periodic checks on passwords? I've never had one of them on this forum, a couple of other forums seem to do that, but not this one for me. Are you sure you are not clearing out your cookies periodically with a maintenance program?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:58 11 Sep 11

I've not had to "log in" since "saving the cookie" from being eliminated by Ccleaner and that was months ago.

Diemmess 17:59 11 Sep 11

octal.

This occasional re-sign has been around on my PC for ages, and I think is a part of my BT- Yahoo setup. I've no record of how often this occurs but have the impression of about 4-6 weeks. When it occurs, it is only a minor inconvenience, repeating my Email address and password. Though I use CClean, I keep cookies out of the scan.

Clutching at a very large piece of wood ---- I have not had a virus since MSDOS and pre AT? computer.

morddwyd 20:29 11 Sep 11

"I have not had a virus since MSDOS and pre AT? computer."

That statement is simply asking for trouble!

Diemmess 16:56 19 Sep 11

In another thread currently running, a member has CCleaned his BT Yahoo cookie and is struggling to avoid having to sign in every wretched time. It may be only BT Yahoo that requires an occasional refreshing of passwords. Like AOL (long ago) now with BT Yahoo I tend to install a new piece of software by its defaults knowing that I can customise it later if I need to which isn't often. I use CClean about once a week solely to deal with untidy registry issues

Thank you morddwyd:---- I also walk under ladders and kick black cats.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac