Quieter PC Please!

darkjedimistress 11:10 16 Jan 03
  darkjedimistress 11:10 16 Jan 03

Hi there. Can anyone advise on quiet and efficient case fans? I've been running my set-up for a couple of years now (overclocked Athlon etc) but it's so noisy I think that my neighbours can hear it late at night. My current case I bought from Overclock and it has 6 fans on it in total, I'm only using 4 of them (1 on back of case, 1 on processor and 2 on the top of the unit. When checking my CPU temperature only runs at 35c so I am tempted to turn off one of the top case fans or even replace them with quieter models. Any advice or recommendations would be great, I don't really want to buy a new case.

Taran 11:30 16 Jan 03

click here

Click the link there for the UK site and look at their products. Some of them are absolutely superb (I have some fitted to the tower of the PC I'm typing this on)

Psiman 11:34 16 Jan 03

Papst fans are good. click here definitely quiet. Unfortunately when you buy a brand new computer case you sometimes don't always get the best quality fans or a half decent PSU.

Belatucadrus 13:04 16 Jan 03

click here for a list of fans from Kustom PCs, most have noise levels quoted in the spec so even if you don't buy from them you should get some idea as to the quietist.

doug 14:11 16 Jan 03

^

darkjedimistress 15:02 16 Jan 03

Thanks for the links and advice. Will try a few of them and hopefully the sounds of helicopters will disappear! :)

Thanks for the links and advice. Will try a few of them and hopefully the sounds of helicopters will disappear! :)

two00lbwaster 15:29 16 Jan 03

also the ys-teck silent fans at this site
click here
are very cheap and ive just ordered some myself as they'll do the job silently compared to the high performance ones above the silent ones of which i have 5 and they at 34dbl's make a hell of a racket :-( so much so its hard to here the footsteps in counterstrke although theyve got almost twice the airflow throughput

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…