Quiet Sound

Freddog™ 14:04 16 Feb 06

Hi, my PC has a Realtek AC'97 on-board sound card. I plugged in some speakers and got no sound at all, I restarted and went into the BIOS and changed some settings and get VERY QUIET sound I have to have it on maximum to hear anything. I has tested out the speakers on other computers and they are fine, I also have used another set of powerful speakers. Another thing is, on my other PC (that has the same sound card) whenever I plug in speakers, it comes up with a connection box, it doesn't on this PC. Why is this? I like this on-board sound card and want to keep it, it's 6-channel. Any ideas, or will I have to buy a new sound card?

AndySD 14:09 16 Feb 06

Try going to the motherboard manufactures web site and download and install the latest Realtek AC'97 drivers for your motherboard.

Freddog™ 14:13 16 Feb 06

I have installed the same driver on the other two PC's that have the same Sound Cards, but I'll give it a go.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:15 16 Feb 06

Sound setup
click here

Freddog™ 14:28 16 Feb 06

Thanks, didn't work but thanks.
I still don't get why the 'Sound Connection' box doesn't show.

Freddog™ 14:42 16 Feb 06

Thanks, you just gave my an idea/thought. On my laptop there is a different driver to my PC and my family's PC, on my family's PC the sound keeps getting louder and quieter adn it's not the speakers. So anyone know why our PC keeps getting louder and quieter? Maybe if I install the driver my laptop has onto my PC it'll work. Of course I won't be suprised if it doesn't. Dou you think it's a BIOS, Hardware or driver/windows problem.

AndySD 15:09 16 Feb 06

Hmm
You should check each of the manufacturers websites to see if they have specific drivers for their own sound card/onboard chips.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…