//some 3rd party need geo

Quiet Processor Cooler

s99Raj 18:51 17 Oct 05

I have the Arctic 64 cooler pictured here for my Socket 939:

click here=

The only problem is that I don't really find it all that quiet. I work in a study where I like it to be silent. When I use my Dell laptop it's TOTALLY silent and you wouldn't even know it was on. The other fans on my desktop (in the PSU and on the m/b and graphics cards) are VERY silent and so if I could silence my PSU cooler I'd be happier.

Does anyone know of a CPU cooler that doesn't need/use a fan?

De Marcus™ 18:56 17 Oct 05

any good? click here

s99Raj 18:57 17 Oct 05

Oh, hang on.
I seem to have found a "Scythe Ninja Fanless Heatpipe CPU Cooler" at quietpc . com

Wonder if there are any more like that.....

s99Raj 18:58 17 Oct 05

What a coincidence! I think I found the same one at the same time as you did, De Marcus. Thanks.

PC Bilbo 19:24 17 Oct 05

Outside of water cooling ,the only other I'm aware of is Zalman but some of their coolers can be quite weighty and won't fit in all situations.DE Marcus'suggestion looks interesting.

I built a 939 skt system based on the lower power consumption "Venice" core (3000+)and, although I have an Arctic Cooling 64 Ultra TC I didn't use it as I found the std AMD cooler with the "Cool n Quiet" sensor to be acceptably quiet already but I spent a fair amount on the case which has very thick panels and I guess this makes a difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…