QUIET PC Tower needed - Chieftec?

gplatt2000 19:17 26 Apr 04

Hi all. I'm thinking of building up a 'quiet pc' sometime soonish, and am currently thinking of what tower to get. |I have heard Chieftec are very good, and am thinking of this tower - click here . However, they seem HUGE! Would this porribly make them quieter? Also, the other drawback I see is that, from what I can make out, it doesnt accept 120mm fans? Is this the case (excuse pun)?

The other case Im thinking of is this - click here , as it looks good and seems to be able to accept 120mm fans.

Any comments on either cases, opr other suggestions would be great, bearing in mind I am looking to make a nice silent PC. Also, Im not botherd about the case including a PSU/fans as I will probably buy them seperately anyway.

Thanks a lot

gplatt2000 23:22 26 Apr 04

'bump'

byfordr 23:53 26 Apr 04

Budget!

The coolermaster waves or some of the thermal takes are v.quiet but v.expensive.

R

gplatt2000 16:50 27 Apr 04

yeah I know thats the problem, Im trying to do this as cheap as posibble. Any other comments?

Cheers

dazzling 17:03 27 Apr 04

if you by a decent case it should last years i have chieftec scorpio which has 4x 4.25 bays 2x3.5 bays external and 4x3.5 internal.it isnt particularly quiet when all the fans kick in but its a godsend to build up removable drive bays motherboard tray etc.i think the thermatake cases take 120 fans chieftec take 80mm.plus the thermaltake have fan controls so you can turn them down.darren

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…