Quiet PC Cases

dave-jens 21:02 18 Jul 05

Anyone got a Quiet PC Acousti Case?
Are they any good?
I like the idea of the insulation to dampen out any sound and the review looks good but does anyone have one that can tell me what they're like?

Also, I have an AMD Athlon 2400, 2 GB CPU. What is the best/quietest fan/heatsink? Zalman?

dave-jens 18:40 09 Dec 05

Well dave its been 5 months and no one has one of these!

dave-jens 18:41 09 Dec 05

I guess not, you shouldnt have bothered!!

dave-jens 18:42 09 Dec 05

Well I thought someone must have one, after all there are how mony subscribers?

dave-jens 18:47 09 Dec 05

Quiet PC, maybe no one has heard of them!

ade.h 19:06 09 Dec 05

"Quiet PC, maybe no one has heard of them!"

We've heard of it, don't worry. Those of use who use Quiet PC swear by it. It gets a lot of money out of me, which isn't easy!

I don't use the Accousti-case for either of our desktop PCs, but my business PC is built with an excellent Cheiftec case, lined with the De-luxe spec Accousti foam lining (the version with the extra thick textured panel). I can thoroughly recommend anything that carries the Accousti name; I use the silicone feet and dust-proof quiet fans as well.

A lot of people don't think about silent components, maybe because they don't realise the benefit that they can have.

Go ahead and get the case, or if you'd rather fit the foam to your own choice, Cheiftec and Antec are good brands. Then add stuff like the silicone feet and fan mounts.

Freddog™ 19:07 09 Dec 05

Freddog™ 19:08 09 Dec 05

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…