Quiet PC - Best Value

Pesala 21:10 20 May 04

Where can I find a ready-made quiet PC for less than £500 including VAT but without a monitor?

Suggested specifications:

• AMD Athlon 2400 XP processor • 512 Mbytes DDR RAM • 40 Gbyte Hard Drive • CD-RW drive • DVD drive • 128 Mbyte Graphics card • onboard sound • ethernet • midi-tower case • 1 free 5¼" drive bay • 1 year on-site warranty + 2 years back to base • Windows XP Home • medium sized company that has a decent chance of surviving for five years.

harps1h 21:20 20 May 04

try aria they are good to deal with or click here they do a configurator. you make your own specs.

harps

Pesala 21:34 20 May 04

Decent value, well known company etc., but no special mention of a Quiet PC case or other special components. My current Evesham Quest system is still going, but it just is a bit too noisy for my liking, and it is getting near to retirement age (3 years). I would like to replace it rather than repair or try to upgrade it. I am not expecting it to pack up just yet, but it is showing some signs of old age, so I'm starting to look at system unit replacements.

woodchip 21:53 20 May 04

Just got one about 4 weeks ago from MAKRO £412 inc vat 2.60 Celeron DVDRW all the goodies 80gb HD Radion 9200 firewire front and back 7 USB2 three at the front four at the back and another Firewire at the back sound front and back joy port at front IT'S a MEDION Dead quiet when running but if reboot it sounds like Concord setting off, also the DVDRW when reading. It may be because the computer is that quiet
Full XP cd and a Restore disc as well plus Works7 and NERO6 all on Full OEM cd's plus other software and drivers etc on another partition. Multimedia Keyboard Mouse and Speakers inc

Pesala 04:59 21 May 04

There's a store in Stockingswater Lane, Enfield. The PC seems about right. Medion are well known. Maybe available from PC World too.

Pesala 10:17 05 Jun 04

I got the dreaded BSOD again yesterday when switching on my PC. A reboot fixed the problem, but this could be the beginning of the end for my current PC.

I am still looking for a quiet PC base unit to replace this one if it packs up all of a sudden. Any other suggestions/recommendations?

woodchip 15:22 05 Jun 04

May just be a driver conflict

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…