Quiet mouse?

Georgie68 19:14 06 Aug 09

Serious question.
Can you buy a silent (or as near as) mouse?
I currently use an optical one, and it's very good as mouses go, but a lot more "clicky" than my previous rollerball one, (not that I think that makes much difference?)
My constant nocturnal clicking is driving my family mad when they're trying to sleep/watch tv!

tullie 19:27 06 Aug 09

Ive never had a mouse that has a load click yet,unless im going deaf.

Stuartli 19:34 06 Aug 09

My wireless optical mouse doesn't make any squeaks...:-)

GaT7 19:36 06 Aug 09

Georgie68, is your 'Start Navigation' sound disabled? This only adds to the clicky effect! If you need to know where to check, please reply with your OS.

tullie, unfortunately some do! G

FatboySlim71 19:40 06 Aug 09

The 'clicky' you refer to, I take it you mean the click of the ratchet of the scroll wheel?

I used to own a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 7000. I am sure that the scroll wheel on this did not have a racket on the scroll wheel (clicking sound when rotated). I cannot recommend this mouse however has it developed a charging fault and so did the replacement.

Here's the Wireless Laser Mouse 7000 I mentioned above.

click here

Georgie68 21:31 06 Aug 09

It's not the scroll wheel i'm referring to, but the click when I left click on anything.
Granted, it might not be considered "noise pollution" by most during the day, but in the dead of night it's a hell of a racket, so I was just asking in all seriousness if anyone knew of a quieter mouse...oh well.

FatboySlim71 21:42 06 Aug 09

I see.

I don't know of any mouse ever that doesn't make a sound when the mouse buttons are pressed.

You must be a noisy clicker lol, or have extremely thin walls lol.

Georgie68 21:56 06 Aug 09

Might have found a solution.
Does anyone know if this programme is safe to use ie not spyware etc?

click here

Georgie68 21:58 06 Aug 09

And just to prove it's not just me that's mad...
click here

Technotiger 21:59 06 Aug 09

I use a Logitech 400 Laser cordless mouse, makes no sound whatsoever - unless I have gone deaf!

click here

Technotiger 22:05 06 Aug 09

PS - although it is a Notebook mouse, I find it is Grrreat with my Desktop PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…