Quiet laptop

DJ-Garry 18:14 21 May 07

Hi guys.

I have an Acer Aspire 5051 AWXMi laptop running XP Media edition and the audio is very quiet. I appreciate it only has litle speakers in it but i have trouble hearing a DVD when it's played back. I've checked the volume control is up (via the speaker near the clock), there is a (sort of) hardware volume control via a function key on the keyboard but that just does the same as the last thing and that's right up. The other setting in 'mixer' are right up and I've also made sure the programs volume setting are right up also. I don't want to attach seperate speakers to it as it will hinder it's protablility. Does anyone have any other ideas as to how to make it louder please?

Cheers, Garry

tullie 18:19 21 May 07

Ive got an Aspire 3680,my sounds the same,i plug in speakers when i watch a DVD.

DJ-Garry 20:39 21 May 07

thankx tullie.

Anyone else got any idea please?

Garry.

woodchip 20:48 21 May 07

You need to get what I got, USB speakers they are powered from the USB so you do not have the problem of Mains Adapters. plug into USB and speaker socket click here

DJ-Garry 00:17 01 Jun 07

Thanks woodchip but I really don't want to have ext speakers if i can help it at all.

Does anyone know another way to tweek the audio output up a bit please?????

wee eddie 09:18 01 Jun 07

Plug your earphones in and don't bother the natives

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009