Quicktime alternative in Firefox

flimbo 00:40 09 Nov 05

After coming across a movie that wouldn't play in my current Quicktime, I installed the latest version 7. This came with unwanted Itunes software and now has a running process called deleteme1.exe that keeps coming back if I remove it.
So I want to get rid of Quicktime for good.
Does Quicktime Alternative work well with Firefox? Is there any setting up I would need to do?
Thanks

ashdav 01:17 09 Nov 05
  ashdav 01:24 09 Nov 05

If you use the latest release of the Klite Megacodec pack (7/11/05) the installation is slightly different. You are invited to register your installation of Quicktime alternative. I would strongly advise against this as you will probably be bombarded with emails. It works fine without registration anyway. The only main difference is in the list of codecs to install. Under mpeg2 just tick the Elecard box. You can then play DVDs on your computer. Otherwise installation is as instructed in my link above.
Any problems post back here.

ashdav 01:30 09 Nov 05

Sorry , in answer to your question Quicktime alternative works fine in Firefox. It's the set up I use.

flimbo 08:58 09 Nov 05

Ok I've installed this and it's running fine thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…