Quicktime

calone 19:45 10 Apr 06

Trying to install Deep Space Explorer
but get message that i need quicktime for
windows 5.0
Have windows xp home. Have tried to download
from quicktime site, is there any other way?.

skidzy 20:04 10 Apr 06

You could try this... click here

VoG II 20:06 10 Apr 06
  calone 14:32 11 Apr 06

Have tried your advice ,get message it is allready on my computer. It is in the install and remove and when i go to control panel
and click i get message
An exception occured
While trying to run "c\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,controlRUNDLL"C\WINDOWS\system32\quicktime cpl",quicktime.

Any more sugestions?.

skidzy 18:38 11 Apr 06

Best way around this problem Calone is to remove the program from add and remove programs,then download again.Try this and see how you get on.
Alternatively you may try real player,if it works with your software.
click here

calone 13:43 12 Apr 06

I installed realplayer whith quicktime and atfinish was told that they were now installed on my computer but when i clicked on icon i got message

Failed to initalize error 2095

so i guess there must be some sort of conflict somewhere!!!

ventanas 15:47 12 Apr 06

I had just this problem and I'm racking my brain trying to remember how I fixed it. The problem is that Deep Space looks for an earler version of QT. Somehow I managed to get it to see the current version, but can't remember how now. I do know that it didn't involve uninstalling or installing anything else. All I can do is have a look at it this evening. Perhaps something will light up.

ventanas 15:52 12 Apr 06

By the way you should be able to play the movies by running Quick Tine and bowsing to them and then opening one up. Not ideal but it should work.

I also remember that those that were installed wouldn't work at all. They are available on the PCA disc and these would play by the method stated. So I deleted all the installed movie files from my hard drive and copied afresh from the DVD and they then worked. if you do this take care to put them in the right place.

SANTOS7 15:56 12 Apr 06

click here
other forums suggest the standalone version will download with no problems at all,good luck.....

calone 19:41 12 Apr 06

Thanks for all your help. Have installed ok
from stand alone version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…