Quickly changing search providers

Glen 16:16 06 Jan 15

I can not use the search box (top R.H. corner) in the way I used to on my Vista PC. My wife's laptop (W.7) works as mine did formerly. In other words instead of typing in a search item, it was possible to click the small down arrow and get a list of useful sites such as Yahoo, Bing, BBC news, Amazon etc etc which could then be accessed in a flash. It still works that way on the laptop, but on my PC clicking the down arrow brings up "Change search settings". When I do this I get "Options", and in the "Search" tab there is a list of search engines, but there seems no way to use it. The function to change my home page does not work either. All I want is to click that small down arrow to easily open those useful site, as I did previously. Help please. Glen

Bris 19:20 06 Jan 15

Hover the mouse pointer over the arrow you refer to, does it say "show address bar autocomplete"?

I am assuming you are using IE in which case what version?

Glen 18:00 08 Jan 15

To Bris

I am using Firefox 34.0.5 and the message says "CHANGE SEARCH SETTINGS". I would like to get back to the original condition. Glen

Bris 18:42 08 Jan 15

I think whats happened is that you have automatic updates switched on and its updated to the latest version.

Look near the top left of the screen and click on "most visited" is that what you are looking for?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017