Quicklaunch toolbar query

FatboySlim71 09:10 22 Jun 07

I have Windows XP Pro. I have the vast amount of my desktop icons on my quicklaunch toolbar as my desktop was getting cluttered with icons. I would like to be able to catagories some of my quicklaunch icons into other groups, i.e. have seperate quicklaunch toolbars for example for my music programs and so on, I was wondering if this is possible and if so how can I do this. Any help's much appreciated.

Batch 10:12 22 Jun 07

I don't know about separate quick launch toolbars, but you could have quick launch items point to folders that contain groups of program short cuts. Then clicking on such a quick launch item would open the relevant folder. I already use this to access folders such as one containing shortcuts to my AV and Anti-spyware programs and another one to System Tools.

FatboySlim71 10:15 22 Jun 07

Thanks for the help Batch its much appreciated, ill give it a go.

Eric10 10:16 22 Jun 07

You can also create new folders containing the shortcuts for each group that you want, then right-click the Taskbar and choose Toolbars, New Toolbar. Browse to one of your folders and click to highlight it then click OK to put it on the taskbar. It doesn't put it in the QuickLaunch area but it's the next best thing.

FatboySlim71 10:50 22 Jun 07

Thanks for the help its been much appreciated. I have tried Eric10's suggestion and it seems to be the most suitable for me. Thanks again to all that have replied.

something else for you to consider
click here

FatboySlim71 11:03 22 Jun 07

*THE RAVEN* thanks very much, its much appreciated, i'll give it a try. Thanks again.

FatboySlim71 11:32 22 Jun 07

Thanks *THE RAVEN* Ive just downloaded the free launch bar program, its a lot better than the standard quick launch toolbar, thanks a million its much appreciated.

your welcome

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced