quicklaunch toolbar lost

canard 12:31 16 Apr 04

Win98 SE grandchild has caused icons from quick launch in taskbar to disappear and the bar to refuse to function. Life without it not so good. Please do the pundits have a solution?

temp003 12:35 16 Apr 04

Can't remember what it's like in 98, but have you tried right click Taskbar > Toolbars > and select Quick Launch?

canard 12:39 16 Apr 04

This produces cannot create toolbar.

temp003 12:40 16 Apr 04

You'll then need to re-create the relevant folder.

click here

canard 12:44 16 Apr 04

Thanks- trying it.

canard 12:47 16 Apr 04

Thanks a lot temp003- it works and life is better!

temp003 12:52 16 Apr 04

Should have added quite a few things. If you can't see the Application Data folder, you need to enable "Show All Files" in Windows 98 - in My Computer, I think you click View, Options, and so on (while you're there, untick Hide MS-DOS extensions for registered file types), and click OK.

After you create the Quick Launch folder in the right place, you need to re-create the shortcuts inside that folder.

In the folder, right click an empty part, New, Shortcut. Enter the path to the application's exe file, or browse to the file, such as C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Do the same for any applications you want in the quick launch bar.

The "Show Desktop" is a bit trickier. click here and put the file into the C:\WINDOWS\System folder. Then in Quick Launch folder, create a shortcut to that file.

temp003 12:54 16 Apr 04

Oh, it seems you didn't need to re-create the shortcuts LOL. I thought you had to. LOL. Anyway, done.

canard 16:55 16 Apr 04

Thanks temp003- had spent ages on Google with no joy. You had it sorted out in a couple of mins.
I did put the first shortcut in because it seemed to need it and after that it was all smiles. Just copied or dragged the desktop icon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…