Quickiest way to clone drv onto new drv

tony1160 21:25 06 Oct 03

can anyone advise me the best fastest way to t/fur all my current o/s and programs etc,, onto a bigger h/d ,,,i know i will have to put on same ide an set jumpers but thats all i know(its around 6/7gig i need to switch across

John Ross 21:32 06 Oct 03

I recently asked this and was told by several it was not a good idea, and to do a clean install.
After fannying around for days with Norton Ghost, XXcopy,XXClone etc etc (none of which worked) I finally agreed and did a clean install : this turned out to be the best solution.

I also used the opportunity to sort out other issues like switching to NTFS (disastrous without a clean install).

I kept the old drive as slave, which allowed me to find any drivers I needed, ttransfer data files, have paging file on separate disk etc etc.

Sorry to not givethe answer you wish, but in retrospect I wish I had listened to the replies I had at the time.

tony1160 21:39 06 Oct 03

total respect mate ,sounds like the sort of thing i would of done as well( already d/l 4programs )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…