Quickest way to scan photo's

murgle 19:13 02 Nov 05

Hi. I have been given the task of scanning 1000's of family photo's for our family website. What is the quickest way for me to do this? Is there a scanner available that can allow me to do this quicky.

I have an auto feed scanner at work which allows me to stack 30 pages in to it and it scans them automatically. Is there anything similar which will scan photo's. The one at work keeps jamming when I try with photo's as it is not designed to do this task.

Thanks for any help.

BurrWalnut 19:22 02 Nov 05

I had hundreds not thousands and eventually got through the task by putting as many photographs as possible on to one A4 scan. After scanning them, I 'cropped' each A4 to separate them into individual photos.

Fellsider 19:23 02 Nov 05

I take it that you are talking about prints rather than negatives.

In which case I would suggest scanning on an A4 flatbed by putting as many prints as possible and scanning then crop the final image to produce individual images.

It's not going to be easy and very time comsuming but at the end of the day you are preserving the images.

Fellsider 19:24 02 Nov 05

There you are - great minds think alike.

murgle 19:26 02 Nov 05

I was hoping there was a better solution. They are all prints. With today's technology, I thought there would have been a gadget somewhere to do this.

Thanks

woodchip 19:29 02 Nov 05

There is. You

jack 19:43 02 Nov 05

Oh dear

I was hoping there was a better solution. They are all prints. With today's technology, I thought there would have been a gadget somewhere to do this.

There is [sorry Woodchip] it is Boots/SuperSnaps/Asda all will scan and put on a CD - for a price.

How many computer owners in your Family- why not parcel them out- and have a party and bring them together for a selection evening, you know bring a disk and bring a bottle.

pj123 19:45 02 Nov 05

Unfortunately, no other than what has already been said above. The only other way that I know of is to farm them out to as many people you know who have a scanner and let them scan some for you. For example. If you send me (say) 100 photo's I will scan them for you and burn them to a CD/DVD and post them back to you. (Send a blank CD/DVD with them). Ten people offering to scan 100 photo's each will get you a 1000 scans. Somewhere like Jessops or Coe Digital will also do the same job but at a cost.

murgle 20:38 02 Nov 05

lol Jack, brilliant idea. I might do that :-)

pj123, is that an offer?

Thanks for your help

pj123 21:06 02 Nov 05

murgle, yes. If you like to email me I will willingly help you with some scans.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…