Quicken -unable to open

royw 10:42 02 May 06

I've used Quicken every day for many years, the current version I use is 2004. It has suddenly refused to open and states that it must be activated. I no longer have the original disc or activation number.I have back up on a CD but this also refuses to open. The telephone number and web site quoted in the dialogue box do not work as Intuit no longer supports Quicken in the UK. I have recently updated my Norton Systemworks to Norton 2006 and Goback and Ms Restore will not take me back to the pre Norton installation date so does not help the Quicken situation. Would appreciate advice.

Woolwell 11:16 02 May 06

I would normally suggest uninstall and reinstall but you have a problem without the original disc. As luck has it I have 2 copies of Quicken 2004. I had Quicken XG and when Intuit stopped support they sent me 2 free copies of Quicken 2004. I recently installed Quicken on a new computer without any registration problems. It activated automatically. If you want a copy let me know and we'll try to work out a way of getting one to you.

royw 12:09 02 May 06

Woolwell. Many Thanks.I had lost the original disc and had quite forgotten that Intuit provided a new disc with their note advising discontinuation of support. I have dug it out, reinstalled it with no problem and it has picked up the data that I was unable to access. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…