Quicken 98 registration - info in registry?

astral traveller 10:05 08 Feb 03

Hi, I've got Quicken 98 installed and registered on my old pc. I want to install on my new pc (am going to delete from my "old" pc as soon as possible). I have to register again, have tried via the internet but not been able to establish the connection - don't know why, tried via phone line but not open at weekends. Anyone know if I can retrieve the registration number off my "old" pc and how - is it in the registry? I've had a look and can't find it there.

Dodger148 13:13 08 Feb 03

I had the same problem with a later version. But fortunately I had copied the program, and files onto a cd prior to updating (98SE to XP) So I just copied off the cd back onto the hdd.
There is a file, cant remember where the info is held

astral traveller 14:27 08 Feb 03

Thanks, I tried that, I copied the quicken files from my "old" pc and put them on my new pc. But when I run the program it says I must register. So I guess when you register, the information must be stored in the windows registry, I am still able to access my "old" pc - but I can't find the info in the registry - maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Everytime I try to solve this problem I use up one of my allocated amount of accesses before I need to register. I've got 5 more uses before it will cease! I can try and contact Intuit by 'phone to get a registration number but they are only open weekdays 9 to 5.30 and it's difficult to do this as I'm at work at this time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…