Quicken 2004/Nero 7

Kingfisher 20:17 29 May 08

Have just upgraded to nero 7 premium and also updated to latest version. Now when I try and back up my Quicken data files to rewriteable cd quicken will not recognise the drive, and therefore will not write to it. I believe it to be Incd that is causing the problem, because I uninstalled nero 7 and reinstalled nero 6 with incd on it, Quicken now works fine, how can I upgrade to nero7 and get Quicken to work. I cant seem to find incd in nero 7, any help would be appreciated

brambles 20:24 29 May 08

Kingfisher Why not just backup your Quicken with a USB key drive it's more convenient than CD.

Brambles

TonyV 20:27 29 May 08

I have Quicken 2004 and Nero 7. I have put this link in the Backup window in Quicken under the Disk option. Obviously my name has been changed, but it works fine for me. Presumably it bypasses Nero 7 and still allows you to backup to a CD.

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning

TonyV

Kingfisher 20:39 29 May 08

my rewriter drive is drive e: I cant see how quicken would find it if i put the path in that you have suggested

Kingfisher 21:05 29 May 08

Thats a good idea, thankyou

TonyV 23:40 29 May 08

What it means is that it backs up the file to that location and will then tell you the files want burning. It is not physically backing it up to that location. My re-writer drive is D.

TonyV

TonyV 23:44 29 May 08

Just to add, it was a method I came across when I put in Microsoft Money and wondered how to back up those files. The system mentioned above was the answer, I just relayed the same information over to the Quicken programme.

It works fine.

Cheers

TonyV

woodchip 23:53 29 May 08

You can use InCD from 7 and use Nero 8 at the same time as they load as separately programs, Just remove 7 From Add Remove Programs in Control Panel and leave InCD Do not remove it

Kingfisher 15:31 30 May 08

thankyou all for your advice much appreciated, will tick as resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…