i already have

Bill
Payment
Credit
Refund

thank you
chico

QuizMan 20:57 29 Jun 09

I have Quicken 2004, but I am not sure that I understand what you are trying to do here. Are you looking to set up a new category? If so it is via Tools>Category list. If this is not what you want can you explain in a little more detail please.

chicopac 07:53 30 Jun 09

thanks for replying
when you enter a transaction Quicken asks one to select

Bill
Payment
Credit
Refund

under the box you enter a cheque no
i want to enter a Transfer item
the programme suggests a 'Crete New' but that doesn't seem to work

QuizMan 10:03 30 Jun 09

I am still not sure if I am looking in the right place. When you refer to "under the box you enter a cheque no" is this the second column? If so perhaps I am not seeing the same things that you are. I have a drop down list that is pre-populated with Quicken's choices plus ones I have added my self. But nowhere can I see "bill", "payment" etc, although it does include "transfer" (labelled as TXFR). Maybe we have slightly different versions. Are you sure you have the UK version. Have a look in Help>About. My version is Quicken XG 2004 UK Edition release R2.

chicopac 10:15 30 Jun 09

Hi Quizman
I have the identical version
and it is the second column
i want to add 'Transfer' and others to drop down list
i would like to revise my list but when i click 'create now' at the top i return to one of the items on the drop down list
tell me how you added to the choices please?

QuizMan 10:24 30 Jun 09

Perhaps we are not using Quicken in the same manner. I do not see Create New, but when accessing the drop down list, I click on "Edit List" and it brings up various options including "New". This enables me to create what Quicken describes as "User Defined NUM list items". However, as I said previously, TXFR (transfer) is already there as one of Quicken's default options.

Does this help?

QuizMan 11:00 30 Jun 09

I need to go out now, but if you still need some help, please leave another post and I shall ponder the problem again later.

QM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…