QuickCam Database message

mumto4 13:16 27 Apr 07

Each time I click on a file ,e.g. music, I get a message from QuickCam Database saying it has encountered a problem and needs to close. It is really starting to get on my nerves now, any help please?

brundle 16:06 27 Apr 07

Hard to help without some more information - version of Windows? Is it updated regularly? What antivirus do you use? Do you have a webcam, do you actually use `Quickcam` software for it or anything else?

mumto4 18:45 27 Apr 07

Hi, thanks for your response. I have Windows XP and it is updated regularly. I have a webcam but use the Logitech software which came with it.

mumto4 18:47 27 Apr 07

Forgot to say- it is when I right click on a file to send it somewhere on the computer that the message appears and I have to log off in order to get the message off.

brundle 23:31 27 Apr 07

Install CCleaner (click here) Disconnect camera, uninstall software. Run CCleaner, click Issues, click Scan For Issues, click Fix Selected Issues when scan is complete, click Yes when it asks if you want to save backup of changes to registry.
Reboot PC, re-install webcam and software.

You can find the driver here if you don't have the CD handy, could be a big download though. click here

mumto4 11:00 28 Apr 07

Thank you so much, your advice has sorted the problem for me. Just to add to my ever increasing knowledge, what do you think happened in order for the fault to occur in the first place?

brundle 15:11 28 Apr 07

Glad its sorted. Could be any number of things, impossible to say without knowing what other software is on the machine, any recent changes/installs/removals etc. As long as it works..

mumto4 18:07 28 Apr 07

Thank you Brundle :) x

mumto4 15:31 29 Apr 07

I have been sent some music in a zipped folder. I have got them all in mY Music but want to transfer them to Media Player with all my other music. I have tried highlighting and dragging to make a plylist but when

mumto4 15:32 29 Apr 07

Oops, hit the wrong key!
When

mumto4 15:32 29 Apr 07

AAHHH this thing is not work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5