Quick way back to earth...

Sir Radfordin 09:21 05 Jul 03

Think you have just designed the best site in the world, love the way it works and how it looks?

click here and validate that HTML and see how good it really is :)

Have just run though some of my sites and am pleased to report that apart from missing the ALT tab on most of the images (lazy me!) its fairly clean code. Ran one though that I new was done in FP and have to say it came back with loads of errors. Dreamweaver does seem to have given better results.

Patr100 17:18 05 Jul 03

I believe the recent version of DreamWever MX has a facility to clean up HTML but I don't know how effective it is in practice.

Forum Editor 18:16 05 Jul 03

of FrontPage - due for release this autumn - also has a nifty option to clean up code on the server. It runs through the server directories and 'optimises' the HTML, and so far I'm delighted with the results. Your local copy of a site stays as it is - so you need to run the optimiser when you update the site. It doesn't take long however, and it's just one of the little delights that are included in the new version.

phil 19:57 05 Jul 03

I've used the one in Coffee Cup and it has a heart attack when it sees javascript.

It comes up with a list of errors as long as your arm but very little for the html.

I get most of my js from Dynamic Drive click here so I can't change it that much.

Any one know of a checker that will ignore js?

powerless 19:58 05 Jul 03

I'm no expert but as long as the web page loads in a good time and it displays correctly.

Why OPtomise the HTML?

Sir Radfordin 09:49 06 Jul 03

The cleaner the HTML the less chance of it not looking right in the many browser variations that exist or not working as it should. Clean code is nearly always quicker code.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…