quick time does not like fire fox

Phil01 00:52 25 Mar 08

i have had the problem for ever now, quick time will not play on fire fox, every time i go to a web page a error pops up asking me to install quick time

i have tryed everything reinstalling both quick time and fire fox, tyred using the quick time alternative programme and no joy

any ideas please, thanks

octal 06:12 25 Mar 08

Try installing MediaPlayer Connectivity extension and set the players up though that.

click here

Phil01 20:22 26 Mar 08

hello, thanks for your reply, i tryed your advice and still no luck, IE works fine its just firefox does not like it at all and the pop up happends on about every web page

octal 22:20 26 Mar 08

If the pop-up is happening on nearly every page it sounds like Quicktime is trying to open flash adverts on the page instead of using Adobe flash player.

I would be inclined to remove Firefox and delete the Profile folder, then reinstall Firefox again, this site shows the location of the Profile folder click here don't forget to back up any Bookmarks you want to keep otherwise you will lose them when you delete the Profile folder, then reinstall them when Firefox has been installed again.

lotvic 23:12 26 Mar 08

firefox and quicktime click here instructions to install plug-in and configure file types for quicktime from mozillaZine (firefox forum)

Phil01 19:12 28 Mar 08

OK, well i deleted the profile, un-installed reinstalled and now fire fox will not open, i get a message saying fire fox is already running so close it or restart system, i have tyred reinstalling and restarting the machine several times and still no joy.

i wonder if this is more than just a problem with quick time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…