Quick switch browsers

Muergo 13:00 PM 25 Apr 11

Is there an add on or iconic progam/setting that will enable me to switch default browser at a click especially from an e-mail link that I want to direct preferentially to one or another.

In other words, if there is a link in either of the e-mail programs I use, I want the facility to direct it to IE or Firefox without going through settings to change the default browser over.

Graphicool1 14:18 PM 25 Apr 11

Hi Muergo

Doesn't it work the same as having two or three plus cd or dvd players, with none set to default. If you click to play a tune or a movie a pop up window ask what player it should use.

Graphicool1 14:20 PM 25 Apr 11

In other words, don't have either browser set to default.

Woolwell 14:33 PM 25 Apr 11

I don't think that it is possible to have none set as default. Perhaps I'm wrong. Cannot think of a way to do what Muergo wants.

Muergo 16:49 PM 25 Apr 11

That's what I'd like, when clicking a link to have a little popup to say "Which browser?" so I can funnel it whicheverway I want. Can't see a way of not having a default but that would do it.

Muergo 12:22 PM 28 Apr 11

Thank you 124, the addon to switch browsers works perfectly although I'm not sure how it does it.

At the moment I have a firefox page with an IE9 tab displayed, I know this is true because it has solved my graphics problem I had with FF4.

Now I have the best of both worlds.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…