quick shutdown of PC

Sethhaniel 09:05 12 May 06

xp 2nd edition
when I click start - shutdown - I get the three option 'close' 'restart' 'hibernate' in scroll down box and anoyingly if iv'e had to do a restart that stays selected so if I want tto close down at end of day I forget about that hence rebooting computer - is there a way of getting the professional type log-off button '3 in row' - or even a bypass so on pressing shutdown it sdoes just that.
Sure i've had it do that in past ??
;)

johnnyrocker 09:36 12 May 06

do you know if your pc is set to compact view or classic? try right click start button and select properties and check, i think you will find you can get the boxes you want if you select classic start up?

johnny.

yabadabado 10:39 12 May 06

how about just pressing the power button on the case? this should shut down the pc safely

Sethhaniel 14:08 12 May 06

yep set to Classic
wouldn't have it any other way

yabadabado
bit brutal I think ;)

Methedrine 15:27 12 May 06

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Power Options > Advanced tab and select "Shut Down" from the drop down menu under "When I press the Sleep button".

VoG II 15:33 12 May 06
  rsinbad 15:39 12 May 06

ctrl+alt+delete and shutdown there

Simsy 01:20 13 May 06

which version of windows...

assuming XP then the link VoG™ provides is what you want...

If you have 98 or Me the following applied to a new shortcut will do what you want...

C:\Windows\Rundll.exe user.exe,exitwindows

Regards,

Simsy

woodchip 08:31 13 May 06

Mine's changed for some reason, to a Dialogue box, from three icons.

Sethhaniel 11:29 13 May 06

Simsy
You don't say...
which version of windows...

???? first line of my question

well will try the various suggestions here

and get back ;)

VoG II 11:33 13 May 06

See click here as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…