Quick SATA/SATAII hardrive Question...

bennyhillslovechild 02:45 28 Feb 07

Okay - this is a simple question, to which I am sure the answer is probably 'yes' but just wanted to check anyway. Today I took delivery of my new PC (drool drool) and it has a 320GB Sata ii harddrive in it. Now in my old pc I have a 250GB Sata drive. Can I put this in my new pc a a storage drive? I'm aware it won't run as quick as the new one, but it seems to good a drive to leave lying around. Do I have to adjust any jumpers on it etc to get it working? It's got over 30GB of music and 100GB of video files that I don't want to lose, and transferring via a 100mbps network will take forever!

phono 03:22 28 Feb 07

I don't believe you should have any problems, apart from the speed which you already mentioned.

I am also pretty certain that SATA drives are jumperless so again, you shouldn't have any problems on that front either.

bennyhillslovechild 21:28 01 Mar 07

Cheers, I'll have a play tomorrow. If computer blows up/melts I'll blame you! :P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…