quick restore question

suzie005 19:54 16 May 06

pc not bin automatically setting restore points 4 over a mth.there's enuff space 4 them as well.ne suggestions?

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:03 16 May 06

Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click "Performance and Maintenance". Click Administrative Tools, click Computer Management, and then click Services and Applications. Click Services, and then click the Task Scheduler service. Make sure the Service is set to "Automatic" and the status is "started".

If you have a visioneer scanner their one touch start up will prevent SR from starting..start-run-type msconfig-startup and untick the app.

G

pickle factory 20:05 16 May 06

Can only think of checking the slider position in SR settings for amount of memory to reserve for restore points. Bit obvious maybe.

thospot 20:11 16 May 06

GANDALF
That's interesting. I have a visioneer scanner that I have never been able to get top side of. Could you elaborate what else it interferes with if anything.
Thank you...

thospot 20:26 16 May 06

Err,, I have just read a post by the FE about highjacking and I may just have committed that sin with my question.... I do appologise if that is the case.....

suzie005 20:31 16 May 06

no computer management in ME.haven't got one of those scanners.

thospot

np.haven't read that thread yet but i thought going by the title that it was abt hijacking hijacking-homepage kinda thing.

thospot 20:34 16 May 06

suzie,

No it isn't about highjacking homepage but other peoples threads.. It is quite well explained by the FE and is well worth reading.

pickle factory 20:35 16 May 06

Sorry this doesn't give you a fix, but might give some more click here

pickle factory 20:36 16 May 06

errr 'info' fell off the end

pickle factory 20:40 16 May 06

Does this help? click here

pickle factory 20:43 16 May 06

Also a bit more in the Troubleshooting section here. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…