quick restore???

adopted.son 23:28 20 Jun 07

in reference to my dilimma over being infected with trojans (click here)
a co-worker who claims to have a bachelor's in internet security/technology and working on his master's said that all i had to do was run a "quick restore" and set the computer back to before the incident. any comments?

johnnyrocker 23:34 20 Jun 07

i am not so sure about your supposedly well qualified friend my dealings with them seem to amount to not a lot of practicality, having said that supply a bit more info re what your os is and type of prob (not interested in following old links)

johnny.

adopted.son 00:13 21 Jun 07

i'm running a stock machine; an hp pavillion with xp and an athlon xp processor, for what that's worth.
i got invaded by trojans from myspace.com and have installed and run avast, a squared, zone alarm and regscrub xp.
i still have a nag coming from my little red shield icon in my task bar saying "System has detected several spyware applications that may impact the performance of your computer. Click here to download an up-to-date date anti-spyware solution..." Or some such dialog. I was told that an investigation of the advert for Spycrush leads him to believe that it is itself a trojan horse. On that note, when i hover my cursor arrow over every icon i get a dialog box identifying it EXCEPT for the little red shield icon. (with a white X)i listed the findings from asquared in the previously linked thread. i think it was you , johnny, who suggested to run malwearremoval and post its findings?

adopted.son 02:22 21 Jun 07

i just dnloaded AVG Free and took out two trojans. one was in doc and settings and the other was in windows. shield is gone but nag still remains.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…