Quick question about Malwarebytes

gazzaho 19:25 20 Jan 09

I've seen Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware highly recommended on this forum and I have a question, do they play well with installed security solutions like F-Secure Internet Security and Kaspersky Internet Security? I would like to use these programs as a belt and braces approach, but only if they don't conflict with my F-Secure installation.

jimv7 19:45 20 Jan 09

I use malwarebytes with spybot and nod32 installed with no conflicts.

skidd 19:47 20 Jan 09

You can have as many malware removal programs running as you like (and the more the merrier although some will report others as malware!!!) - they do not conflict with each other or antivirus/internet security software. Both mentioned programs are very good. Remember though that the free Malwarebytes doesn't automatically update or scan - you have to do these manually.

birdface 19:49 20 Jan 09

If programs like F-Secure Internet Security and Kaspersky Internet Security? And others stopped everything you would not need programs the Likes of Malwarebytes and Superantispyware.Now whether there is any conflict between them I do not know.

Woolwell 20:07 20 Jan 09

Contrary to skidd there can be conflicts. There is a anti-virus suite that doesn't like Spybot for example (can't remember which one for the moment but either BitDefender or Mcafee).
I run Malwarebytes with Kaspersky with no problems but it hasn't found anything that Kaspersky hasn't already dealt with and I have has a few false positives from it.

gazzaho 21:48 20 Jan 09

I've tried Spybot S&D on my Vista machine and had to uninstall it as it disabled the preview function in explorer, luckily I spotted it right away otherwise I would have been wondering why preview stopped working. That's part of the reason why I asked the question, the other is because I've already asked F-Secure and they advised against the installation of any other virus/malware checkers, but then they've a vested interest in giving that advice.

I'm just keen to know if anyone has had a conflict with their installed software before I decide to install. I already use SpywareBlaster with no problems, but as far as I'm aware it just blocks known bad Internet sites.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…