Quick Player Problem

happylady 21:41 12 Jul 05

i bought a linguaphone language course CD Rom and am having problems with the playback of video section (theater). i have spoken to linguaphone and they said that i am to download the latest version of quick player. i already had it installed and i was told that if i can view a movie trailer on the apple website then i should have no problem viewing a video whilst using their language course. well i can't view any movie trailers via the apple.com website. my pc has instructed me that i do in fact have the latest version of quick player installed. i am new to computers so i am wondering that there is something else my computer needs in order to view movie trailers and the linguaphone videos. where am i going wrong?

Kev.Ifty 01:03 13 Jul 05

Just a thought. Open Windows Media Player. You shuold find it in START/PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/ENTERTAINMENT.

When it opens select TOOLS/OPTIONS then click on FILE TYPES. Click on the SELECT ALL tab.

close the program (WMP) and reinsert your disk.

The idea here is that the videos should play in Windows Media Player.... Fingers crossed!!

Kev.

rubella 03:05 13 Jul 05

This should overcome your problem click here

happylady 00:57 15 Jul 05

thanks rubella and kev, have tried both suggestions to no avail.

SparkyMarky 03:46 15 Jul 05

I've given up using the Quicktime player. In fact, the only movie player I use now is the free 'Media Player Classic' - which plays just about every type of audio or video file going, including QuickTime and DivX, and has a nice, easily altered, intuitive interface, plays full-screen etc etc.

Mxx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…