Quick one hopefully

GeeKay+Dee 21:45 04 Sep 03

When i'm searching for a file or folder, when i type in what i'm looking for it gives me a list of all the previous searches i have done starting with that letter e.g. when i'm looking for say games, when i start to type in the letter g i get a list of everything else that i have looked for starting with g. I understand that some people find this helpful and time saving but i want to know how i can disable this function or alternatively delete some of the options. Thanks in advance

Djohn 21:51 04 Sep 03

Do you mean in windows itself or in your Internet browser? also which version of windows. j.

GeeKay+Dee 21:55 04 Sep 03

in normal windows. its windows me

Ironman556 22:01 04 Sep 03

Not sure about Windows.

Highlight the entry and hit delete. eg, in the google search.

Djohn 22:14 04 Sep 03

well I can find loads of info. on how to enable/disable "Auto. complete" in IE, or other browsers, but nothing for windows itself. Sorry but maybe someone will be able to help. j.

Jester2K II 22:17 04 Sep 03

Ironman556's suggestion usually works.

GeeKay+Dee 22:19 04 Sep 03

Have tried delete bo no joy! Thanks anyway

Jester2K II 22:39 04 Sep 03

Did you type g then highlight (BUT NOT CLICK) then entry you want to remove and then hit delete?

Doesn't work if you click on the entry first.

lindyloo4 22:40 04 Sep 03

Try Window Washer, you can set it to remove find/search history and it can be downloaded from the PCA site.

Ironman556 22:52 04 Sep 03

Open Internet Explorer, go: tools, internet options, content tab, auto complete.

For more info try google.

woodchip 23:14 04 Sep 03

Get tweak UI this removes the history. You can get it from PCA downloads

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…