Quick Launch menus

Paroxetine 19:26 27 Jan 03

Hi all,

I have the desktop quick launch on my task bar and I want to add a folder / item to the list so that when i hover the mouse over it, the menu will self propogate just like My Computer and Control Panel do.

How do I go about doing this, I have a folder on my desktop that is a shortcut. What needs to be changed for this to work?

Thanks in advance.

^wave^ 19:39 27 Jan 03

try dragging the icon into the quick launch area

obbit 19:54 27 Jan 03

right click on icon click create shortcut and drag that icon into quick launch

Paroxetine 23:14 27 Jan 03

ok, tried that one. Its similar to what i want, but i would want the folder to expand within the desktop menu. Instead all I can do is add the folder to the task bar.

Any other pointers?

DieSse 23:47 27 Jan 03

There is no way in Windows to do this. It's possible there may be an add-in program, but I can'r find one.

DieSse 23:57 27 Jan 03

Have you tried creating a floating toolbar?

Right click on the task bar (not the quick launch arae, just a blank area of the regular toolbar). The menu that pops up will have Toolbars at the top - go to this, and on the flyout will be new toolbar - click on it.

Then find the folder you want and click on that - a new section will appear on the task bar - click on the new section and drag it to the desktop - a floating toolbar will appear, which is the contects of your folder.

With a bit of size, shape changing, you have a small, permanent "menu window on the deskyop - in which the items launch as a single click - like the quick launch bar. You can get a lot of lesser used items onto the desktop, in a small space. Not quite what you asked for, but maybe just as useful

Paroxetine 23:58 27 Jan 03

ok, will have to live with it as it is. Oh the frustration! lol, thanks for the the advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…