Quick Launch Icons.....

RobCharles1981 12:23 11 Aug 06

What causes my quick launch Icons to frequently disapear? Is it something in the registary??

ventanas 12:30 11 Aug 06

Can you clarify exactly which ones. If you mean those in the notification area at bottom right, its a bug in Windows, the programs they represent will still be running, even if the icon isn't there. If you mean the Quick Launch toolbar then, sorry, but I have no idea.

RobCharles1981 12:33 11 Aug 06

Its the icons on the bottom left hand side of the screen I'm open to more suggestions I did a link once but cant find it

RobCharles1981 12:46 11 Aug 06

this is the link.....

click here

could it be a bug in Windows ??

mattyc_92 12:51 11 Aug 06

All I can really suggest is trying the "sfc /scannow" route (Start->Run and type in "sfc /scannow" but without the quotations) as I have never expierenced this problem, nor heard of it before.

NOTE: You will need your WinXP Installation Disc for "sfc /scannow"

DieSse 14:38 11 Aug 06

When they're actually there - right click on an empty part of the task bar and select "Lock the Taskbar".

Mine never disappear, and I've not seen it touted as a general problem anywhere.

ade.h 14:45 11 Aug 06

I have read about it on other websites and seen it happen (though not on my own PCs), so it could certainly be described as a known bug. There does not appear to be any cure.

RobCharles1981 15:45 11 Aug 06

The only thing I can do is ask Microsoft Direct and see what they suggest Ive done the sfc

DieSse 15:46 11 Aug 06

What else have you tried - spyware/virus scans? for example.

RobCharles1981 16:25 11 Aug 06

Ive tried avg, spybot,ad-aware,Ewido,A2 so far

rawprawn 16:55 11 Aug 06

click here This will generally cure all Taskbar (including quick launch)problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5