Quick launch

Can anyone help me please. There are loads of program icons on the bottom taskbar by the clock and I want to get rid of some of them. How do you do it?

Tim1964 20:06 14 May 04

Right click on them in turn and there should be an option to 'remove icon...' or 'disable at startup' in the menu that pops up. If not then have a look on the startup tab under Start>Run>Msconfig and untick the ones you don't want starting up on boot up. Only untick the ones you know though. If this causes any probs you can always re-tick them.

VoG II 20:07 14 May 04

Do you mean in the System Tray? If so, Start, Run, type

and click OK.

On the Startup tab untick the ones you do not want to load at startup. OK your way out then restart your computer.

I have already tried MSCONFIG but to no avail,they are greyed out.Nothing is shown when the cursor rests on the icon, there is nothing on the right click either.One icon is an'A' in a square.the other is an arrrow pointing downwards with a - below .

Eastender 22:41 14 May 04

Can you expand on" I have already tried MSCONFIG but to no avail"

Simon_P 22:45 14 May 04

Are the grayed out boxes on the general tab?

You need the STARTUP tab (far right)
Nothing in there should be grayed out.

Be carefull not to disable something important.

Tim1964 23:55 14 May 04

The icon that is an A in a square, is it for Avent Browser (blue square, white A leaning to the left)? If so you should have an option menu pop up when you right click it.

Audeal 02:21 15 May 04

jpieter: Maybe you could use a program that controls which programs start up when booting up.
This one is Startup Control Panel. I have used it for some time now and I can control the program easily.

click here

Believe it or not my 14 year old son did it in seconds!!
Sods law.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…