Quick Dial-Up / Slow Connection to IE6

Rickyv 16:10 06 Dec 03

When i click on my Alcatel connection, I get dial-up quickly. Then I click on IE6 and have to wait 10 minutes until my home page loads. In the bottom left corner of IE6 i get the message searching for freeserve.co.uk (home page), but nothing happens for almost exactly 10mins. I have changed my home page, but this makes no difference. I am using Windows XP Home. Any suggestions please?? Once the home page is there, surfing continues at normal speed, until I disconnect and then reconnect later, when the problem starts again. I have tried deleting cookies/ deleting files/uninstalling virus checker etc. Freeserve help line can't help either. All XP updates have been downloaded.

Diodorus Siculus 17:26 06 Dec 03

What happens if you have a simple homepage like Google.co.uk or a blank page?

Rickyv 17:42 06 Dec 03

No difference. I have tried loads of different sites, but they all take at least 10 mins before anything happens. Once the the first site loads, everything works at normal speed till i log off again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…