Questions on Wireless Networking.

acsmanhtml12 08:41 04 Jun 06

I hav just brought a wireless ADSL router. In the instillation manual it says open Command Prompt, set it to forget the IP and then RENEW the IP, and then goes on to set up the wireless network. My Laptop with the Broadband is wireless and is in my room, the router, is downstairs next door to the phone line, and the desktop PC next to it with a CAT 5 cable ready to connect to the router, it then goes on to say attach all computers on your LAN after doing the Command Prompt, can I connect my laptop to it wirelessly or do I have to do it with wires to set up the PC'S and go through the web browser set up and then go wireless, Please help my mannual isn't very clear!

Taff™ 08:48 04 Jun 06

Set up the router using the cable from your desktop PC. Once the router has all the settings and you have enabled the wireless transmission your laptop should simply pick up the signal and connect.

Which Router make and model is it? Someone may be able to walk you through it.

acsmanhtml12 08:57 04 Jun 06

ít says MicraDigital on the top of it but on the bottom it says Belkin.

Taff™ 06:37 05 Jun 06

Bought from Tesco`s by any chance? Look for the Belkin model number either on the router or on the box. Something like F5D7030...

acsmanhtml12 07:21 06 Jun 06

Oh Yeah brought from Tesco's Belkin F5D7630uk4A - E
ADSL ROuter W/Modem

Taff™ 09:44 06 Jun 06

click here= for the Belkin Manual - Pick the exact model from the list. Once you`ve downloaded it try the Flash guide from the top of the page. Very good tutorials for the basics.

acsmanhtml12 07:33 07 Jun 06

Thanks TAFF

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…