Questions regarding web space allocation

Revi 10:50 28 Sep 05

If I have to publish 2 different websites having 2 different dot com names would it be technically easier, pricewise cheaper and less of a hassle if I launched the two sites within a single web space of 50 MB or two pieces 25 MB?

Taran 11:18 28 Sep 05

That depends entirely on the pricing structure of your chosen host.

I prefer to have each domain on its own account either with an independent host or on my own servers.

If you mess one domain up you don't automatically mess the other that lives in the same space, or if one account goes down because of hosting problems the other may remain online if your host has it on a different server or where you use two different hosts.

There are ways of mapping DNS to resolve a domain to a subweb in another domain's account, or to point multiple domain names to one set of files on one account, but I try to stay away from this approach where possible.

You can get individually hosted accounts for next to nothing these days:

click here

harristweed, another forum member mentioned this company in a separate thread: click here

Revi 12:24 28 Sep 05

Thanks, I will go for independent hosting then. Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…