Questions AVG 8 Free Edition

ferrers32 16:23 17 Jul 08

I recently installed AVG 8 Free edition on my pc but I have two issues with it (so far!)

Firstly, when trying to schedule the scan, the times offered do not state am or pm, yet it is only a 12 hour clock. How do I make my choice, as I require it to run in the evening?

Secondly, when I set it (manually at the moment) to run a virus scan it is taking an inordinately long time i.e. just coming up to 5 hours now and still running. Is this right? The 7.5 version was not this long-winded. I am only just about pc-literate, so please, if any response to this, please keep it easy to understand!! Many thanks.

Pamy 17:01 17 Jul 08

clik on tools. then advanced settings, then on scans, then schedule scans

peter99co 17:43 17 Jul 08

Scans can be speeded up with the control at the bottom of the scan screen. They take longer because they scan more data. The scan is set at 18/19/20....23.00 etc for PM scanning.

How full is your drive? How big is the drive. Have you ever run a defrag on your machine?

sinbads 17:47 17 Jul 08

you should be able to run/check for updates on a 24hr basis as Pammy directions if not, I would download AVG8 again click here ;but select to repair not install. Something wrong if its taking 5hrs!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…