Question on 'Windows Media Player'

Chrisann 13:11 01 Nov 06

I think it is the Media player version 10..although it does describe version 9 but doesn't look like it.

Question is..There is no Taskbar down the right hand side as on my earlier version. Tried everything to find it but to no avail. Unclicked Taskbar as told but still nothing. Just the menu along the top.

This version seems so uninteresting..or is it me again. Just doesn.t look anything like the version on M.E. !!!

Chrisann.

anskyber 13:15 01 Nov 06

It is all there just needs some experimentation, eg click here

Stuartli 13:16 01 Nov 06

If you go to Help (on the Toolbar) in Windows Media Player and then click on About, it will reveal which version you have.

Why not try the final release of the latest version, WMP11, or alternatively WMP10?

anskyber 13:18 01 Nov 06

click here and click on "play movie"

Chrisann 13:24 01 Nov 06

Looked at the web site as you say..seems I have got Version 10 but still seems uninteresting so I may download Version 11 on the comp running XP. Although it may look the same..guess I have just got to get used to these newer versions then.? Still can't get any Taskbar down the right side though!!!!!!!!

Chrisann..

anskyber 13:26 01 Nov 06

Make sure you read the 11 version notes first, eg if you have the XP Media edition go to Windows update first to get important patches.

Chrisann 13:26 01 Nov 06

Thanks...will have a go see what happens.!!!

Chrisann...

anskyber 13:27 01 Nov 06
  Sethhaniel 13:33 01 Nov 06

and to get task bar its:-

View -Full Mode - Full Mode Options - then untick 'Hide Taskbar'

;)

Chrisann 13:36 01 Nov 06

Well I have tried what you do..but nothing..I think I have the 10 Version...but no Taskbar coming up.!

Chrisann..

Stuartli 14:51 01 Nov 06

WMP11 doesn't appear the same - it's black instead of blue as the default (you can change the colour scheme in WMP10 if you wish through a wide range of colours).

It's done through View>Enhancements>Colour Chooser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…