Question for a website developer

Michendi 23:25 17 Nov 04

The browser BACK button can be simulated in a document in every browser - except IE6 - with the behaviour script onclick="window.back()". Assume a button "Close Window". If the above script is associated with this button then when a visitor clicks the button they will go back to the page they came from. In IE6 this script generates an "Error on page". Does any web developer know the correct syntax to get this script to work in IE6?

SANTOS7 23:29 17 Nov 04

Hi michendi you would be better posting your question on the webdesign forum where you are more likely to get a faster response from someone who may be able to help,good luck......

Gaz 25 23:35 17 Nov 04

Try this link....

<a href="javascript:history.back()">Click to return back to previous page</a>

Michendi 23:50 17 Nov 04

To Gaz 25. I agree that should work, but once again it doesn't in IE6. I have removed the "onclick=window.back()" script and replaced it with your script. Works fine in all the other browsers.... but $£*&^" not in IE6. Oh Bill we just love you :-(

Michendi 00:02 18 Nov 04

To SANTOS7... Thanks mate, I thought I was in the webdesign forum, oh well it is midnight ;-|

Michendi 18:19 20 Nov 04

Solution provided by TARAN works in all browsers.
Syntax is "onclick=history.go(-1)"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…