question for Stlucia??

raggy 2 09:04 04 Jan 06

I just read your reply to heavymetalkid, and as you use pinnacle I hope you can help me. as I use pinnacle 8 and I have transfered from camcorder to PC and edited but here is the problem, when I press MAKE MOVIE and press DISC it starts as you say RENDERING PLEASE WAIT and thats it, nothing else happens no matter how long i leave it for, what am i doing wrong????
Thanks in Advance raggy

wotbus@ 09:11 04 Jan 06

I use 8 as well and I know from experience that rendering will not go as it should if your HDD is fragmented! This may not be the problem in your case so I will run 8 up and check your problem.

raggy 2 09:14 04 Jan 06

thanks wotbus@
will look forward to your response

wotbus@ 09:16 04 Jan 06

Just did a short test all was OK. Have you had a look under "settings" to make sure all is as it should be there - and how long is the movie you want to record? Rendering does take ages if the file is big.

wotbus@ 09:30 04 Jan 06

I am currently re-rendering and old video presentation made up from stills with transitions between each - 5mins to do about a third and it's not a very big end product. When you click "make disc" in the status box, what do you see on the screen and do you see anything at all in the 2 progress bars underneath?

raggy 2 09:34 04 Jan 06

excuse my poor knowledge, where is the settings button, went to set up and pressed make disc at 4x speed and still nothing, film is about 15 mins long, when you say you done a test what exactly did you do

raggy 2 09:34 04 Jan 06

excuse my poor knowledge, where is the settings button, went to set up and pressed make disc at 4x speed and still nothing, film is about 15 mins long, when you say you done a test what exactly did you do

raggy 2 09:37 04 Jan 06

when it starts the bottom bar goes all the way across once and then thats it

wotbus@ 09:48 04 Jan 06

The settings button is to the top and right of the hard disc representation (after you press the Make Movie tab). When I did a test all I did was bring up Sudio8 - install the example video clips - clicked make movie - clicked make cd (bottom of Status box).
I have since re-rendered an old project and from "make cd" to "insert a blank disc" message, was about 15mins. The file was 300Mb in size. I have found that video rendering requires huge amounts of memory and requires considerable HDD space but I assume you have both! Also I always defrag the HDD before each project using DkeeperLite as working with video projects heavily fragments the disc [something to do with all the file swapping]. The other possibilites are AV or other programs running in the background leaving you with insufficient CPU muscle. I will do a video capture of about 15mins as per your project then render it and see what I come up with. Get back to you later and keep smiling - it will work OK and it's quite a good program to use. Meanwhile have a look on the Sudio8 site forum - there may be something there for you. ;-)

wotbus@ 10:24 04 Jan 06

While I am doing something else I just had this thought! You are dragging and dropping your project from the edit pages down onto your project line at the bottom of the screen (which looks like 3 rows on 35mm negative film)? If so, say simply each stage of what you are doing.

raggy 2 12:03 04 Jan 06

hi Wotbus@
Yes I drag them onto the project line, add music etc and when happy with this i then just click make movie and then it never finishes rendering.
One thing though you mentioned was the memory requirements as sometimes when i go MAKE MOVIE my PC slows down and Pinnacle 8 doesnt respond anymore.
I have intel 4- 2ghz processor-200g HDD- 512 memory

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…