Question re:ntl bband and browsing

BigPete007 06:43 30 Jun 03

Hi again
I use ntl bband, and I was wondering do I have to use a program called 'CorrectConnect' to access the internet? I'm not usre if uninstalling it will make much difference to the computers connection. Sometimes when the computer closes down a few programs of its own accord, and the CC closes, I can still access the internet, but not as quickly or easily as when it is running. Is there any other programs that would do the same job and are easier to use or less hassle, with regards to it asking to 'Snapshot' every week?

Also, where would I find the best FREE browser to download and use instead of IE? I have heard a few mentioned before, but I am not too sure on which the best will be. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Terrahawk 06:59 30 Jun 03

as for your 1st question i am afrai iam unable to help regards ro browsers i think opera is about the best of the bunch click here there is also mozilla netscape click here click here just to name a few

T

Valvegrid 07:02 30 Jun 03

Hello, we meet again :-) yes you can remove CC, it will free up some of the resources on the computer. I have found no need to put anything in it's place.

Is use Opera as my main browser, but keep IE6 in case I get the odd site, but very rarely have to use it.

click here

Valvegrid 07:17 30 Jun 03

Just one thing, you say "Sometimes when the computer closes down a few programs of its own accord, and the CC closes" it could still be related to your other thread.

click here;sz=450x25;ord=802595893?

Paul.

Valvegrid 07:19 30 Jun 03

Sorry: this thread: click here

BigPete007 08:28 30 Jun 03

Cheers guys, Opera is now downloaded and working well. Thanks.

Paul - How do you mean it could be related? I am not sure what you are getting at here.
Me = Not an expert/knowledgable about computers much.

BigPete007 08:28 30 Jun 03

Cheers guys, Opera is now downloaded and working well. Thanks.

Paul - How do you mean it could be related? I am not sure what you are getting at here.
Me = Not an expert/knowledgable about computers much.

Andsome 08:30 30 Jun 03

When I experienced problems with 'Correct Connect', in that every few days my connection would fail and have to be refreshed, I was advised by an NTL engineer to uninstall 'Correct Connect'.

BeeWee 08:56 30 Jun 03

everyone i have spoken to about correct connect has uninstalled it...it is more trouble than it's worth. you have done well to download opera! it's great

BigPete007 09:23 30 Jun 03

Thank you all. Slight problem with Opera though, freezes quite a lot. Causing the whole system to freeze. Does this happen often or is it just 'one of those things'?

SEASHANTY 12:25 30 Jun 03

Then also try MOZILLA which NETSCAPE for access. Its never frozen on me yet. Also on ntl BB, I've about given up on I.E.6. You can download Mozilla on this PCA site from "DOWNLOADS"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…