question regarding tv tuner card and ariel

©®@$? 19:25 20 Mar 04

i've got a tv tuner card, freeview box and one out door ariel

the ariel is connected and being used for freeview

i want to be able to use the outdoor ariel in my tv tuner card, so do i need to buy a splitter which plugs into the freeview box,with the ariel plugged into the splitter and an extension cable from the splitter to my tv card, will this act as a tv ariel to my tv card and will i still be able to use the freeview box and not loose any quality (it is approx 10 metre away), if not what do i need to do to achieve tv on my tv card and freeview with the one ariel..

also if the above is what i need to do, if i have the freeivew box turned off would i still be able to view tv on my tv card through the ariel/splitter or would the freeivew box have to be tunred on/or standby?

©®@$? 19:26 20 Mar 04

arial = aerial

©®@$? 20:14 20 Mar 04

problem solved

SEASHANTY 20:17 20 Mar 04

Purchase a Maxview TV amplifier with two outputs and one aerial input. Approx £12. Run one coax aerial cable to your freeview box and another coax aerial from the other outlet to your PC TV card aerial input. Hopefully this way you will still have a reasonable signal to the freeview box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…