A question regarding 'Samsung All Share'

Graphicool1 10:55 AM 27 Sep 12

Windows 7

Hi guys, I just bought a Samsung smart TV. When I set up the 'All Share' my PC mouse went loopy! Everything it hovered over activated. It got to the point where if I had more than one window open the screen would be filled with pop-up menues. As fast as I clicked them off two or three more would appear. I couldn't do anything, it was a nightmare, so I uninstalled. But it didn't end there, for some reason when I uninstalled it caused the mouse buttons to be reversed (left instead of right handed). Although, it took me a little while to understand what was happening, it's ok now.

My question is, why did this happen and what can I do so I can use the 'All Share' feature. Or does anyone know of a freeware programme that does the same thing. I am aware that Windows 7 has a built in thing that allows it to share with others on the same network. But my wifes laptop is a Vista and 7 won't let me use this feature to connect to Vista. I am uncertain as to wether it would let me connect to the TV. Actually I've only just thought of that, perhaps you guys might have the answer.

Ian in Northampton 17:50 PM 28 Sep 12

Graphicool: not very helpful, I know, but I just installed AllShare on an XP machine and a W7 machine, and didn't suffer that problem. My problem was getting the TV to see the PCs. For reasons I don't understand, it can now see the W7 machine, but not the XP machine.

Out of interest, which TV did you get? I got the UE40ES8000, and I couldn't be more thrilled with it.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites