Question for [email protected] !!!

This is a BT related question that started a while ago with me trying to get BT to disconnect me from a line concentrator so i could get BB.

So, i have now been hooked up to the exchange from the concentrator and BB should be up and running by the end of the week!!

So cheers to [email protected] and the other posters. Next question, where the BT line enters my house in the bedroom i have my PC in, the Master Socket is more of a master box with no phone jack socket. So i use an extension cord from my front room to get online. I want to relace the box with a Master Socket ( A NTE5 i believe) so i have a direct hook up nad it will be far neater, should please the wife!

Can u buy a master socket because i know technically you are not meant to mess around with them because they belong to BT and are part of their system. Any advice people?

You don't have to be [email protected] to help!! LOL

Djohn 22:25 14 Mar 04

That's true Galliano but it does help as [email protected]@m is former BT ;o)

I can't help with this either but I'm sure others will be able to.

Regards to both. j.

Djohn

Well that explains his encyclopedic knowledge of BT then! ;)

There should be an NTE5 somewhere! If not, BT will have to come out and fit one (for free).

These diagrams should help click here

Nope, there is a box that has all the internals of the NTE5 but no socket to plug into!!

Looks like it was original to the house, maybe 30 yrs old?

OK, report that to BT, they will send an engineer. A BT line must be presented on a NTE5, it is the demarcation point.

Cheers Graham, will drop them a line.

Thanks for all the help, will drop u a line when BB is up and running. If you are in the Windsor area you can claim a free pint off me!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…